ADCB’s Cookie Notice
This cookie notice (“Cookie Notice“) describes the cookies and other technologies that Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank PJSC (“ADCB”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) uses on its website to improve performance and enhance your user experience. The aim of this Cookie Notice is to explain what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them. This Cookie Notice forms part of our Privacy Notice.
Please note that we include references to other websites that provide information about cookies. We are not affiliated with those websites or the third parties that operate them. We are not responsible for the content on those websites, and provide links to them for information and convenience only.
What is a "Cookie"?
A cookie is a piece of information (small text file) sent to your browser from a website upon its visit and downloaded to your device. They are then sent back to a website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website. They are useful because:
- they allow our website to recognise the devices you use to access our website;
- they allow you to navigate between web pages efficiently.
- they enable us to generally improve your experience of our website; and
- they allow our promotional and marketing efforts.
There are other types of tracking technologies used on our website. These include local storage objects tags and web forms.
Cookies contain personal information, for example, your input into online forms or registration pages. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you directly and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our website, or a user’s general location.
For more details on cookies and similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies?
Manage cookies through browser
The means to manage cookies through a browser differ on each browser. On most browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie, how to delete them or refuse to accept them. In addition, please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on some of the most popular browsers:
Opt out of targeted advertising
Different advertising industry associations offer consumers the ability to opt-out from online targeted advertising conducted by their member advertisers. If you would like to find out more information about this option, please visit their websites listed below and follow their instructions to opt-out from online targeted advertising:
What types of personal data do we receive through cookies?
Some of the types of personal data we receive through the cookies we use are listed below. This includes information we access directly from your device without storing or accessing a file:
- Cookie browser data: cookie identifiers, time/date, services/products selected, whether and to which cookies you have consented.
- Device data: device type, screen resolution, operating system version, browser rendering core, its version and basic settings, such as privacy options, autofill options etc.;
- Log data:Time and duration of usage of our website and search data, such as your input into search forms;
- Location data: Data about your country of access as proclaimed by Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device;
- Behavioural data: Data about your usage of our website that we may process if you visit or use third party websites or applications to cooperate with us, and data on how you participate with the content of our website (such as pages visited, if you came from a marketing campaign, button clicks etc.)
List of cookies used on our website
Some cookies are set by us ("first party cookies"), other cookies are set by third parties whose services we use or partner with to run content on the page you are viewing ("third party cookies").
Some cookies are deleted when you close your browser. These are known as session cookies. Other cookies stay on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your browser. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. This website uses both session and persistent cookies.